Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wisdom Teeth

Last Friday before heading to have my four wisdom teeth removed

My dentist has been bothering me for years to have them removed, but they never really bothered me so I just ignored him. I finally agreed when my dentist told me last week that my wisdom teeth were the reason a new cavity had developed on a tooth next to my wisdom tooth and just below one he already filled.



I was supposed to be knocked out, but when they tried to put me under my heart rate dropped too low so they had to bring me back out and pull the teeth with only a local anesthesia. It was pretty quick and painless. I should have just chosen the local to begin with. But now I'm supposed to take the heart rate chart to my doctor because the oral surgeon didn't like how my heart reacted.



It was supposed to be a nice long restful President's Day weekend. Helen and the kids were off from school on Friday and Monday. Instead, I got my teeth pulled and Helen and I both caught pretty debilitating sinus head colds. It felt great with the throbbing empty sockets where my teeth used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment