Saturday, August 31, 2013

Walking To School With Adam

At the start of the school year Adam was riding his bike to school, but he decided after a week or so that he likes walking home with his friends in the afternoon. So he started walking to school in the mornings. He asked if I wanted to walk with him and if we could take Lulu too. "Of course," I said. We talk about all kinds of things. He doesn't seem to be the least bit aware that it's not "cool" to walk with his dad. He's so dang sweet and I just love it.

When Derek was in middle school, he rode his bike most of the time because he said it was too far to walk. He really didn't even want to ride his bike - he wanted me to drive him, but I wouldn't and told him that he needed the exercise. When he did walk, he was "too cool" to walk with his dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment