Thursday, September 10, 2015

Summer Fun

A hodgepodge of other things from the summer

On our summer trip Adam talked about getting fondue for dessert. He ended up not getting it, but Helen promised him that we would do a fondue night when we got home.



Me and my summer tennis team





Pretty sunset


Always something to fix around the house

The sprayer on our sink had been leaking for a while. The leak was small and above the sink so it wasn't an emergency, but we eventually got around to getting Delta faucet to send us a new sprayer (for free and great customer service). When I went to remove the old sprayer I couldn't figure out how to get it to release from the convenient quick connect connector. So, being the impatient person that I am, I burned the old connector off using a fire starter lighter. I didn't realize until too late that I also burned the male connector so the new sprayer wouldn't connect. We were headed out on our trip and I needed a quick fix so, of course, I duct taped it and for a day or two before our trip it seemed to work.

We had people watching Lulu while we were on our trip and I assume they used the sink to refill the water bowl, so it must have held up ok. Until we got home. The nightmare trip back with the flight delay, etc and not getting home until after 2 am also included Helen trying to use the sink and my quick fix coming undone so that water sprayed all over the inside of the cabinet. I had to clean that up and all I could think about was how the quick fix could have held for all that time and then broke as soon as Helen used the sink.

We went without use of the sink for a few days until Delta sent us a new connector piece. It's amazing what a difference the right cheap peace of plastic makes in the quality of life. 


Adam playing poker with Ryan and Dylan


No comments:

Post a Comment