Saturday, August 6, 2016

Me Sometimes Handy

Fixing our bedroom lamp
 
 
 
The Ryobi electric edger we bought when we got our house almost 25 years ago finally gave up

I prefer the blade edger to fooling with the string trimmers. Supposedly you don't have to fool with the string on the trimmers like you used to, but I prefer the simplicity and straightforwardness of the blade. It was surprisingly difficult to find a consumer level minimal "stick" edger. I ended up getting the Echo pro level stick edger. It has a gas 2 cycle engine, which I'm a little leery of because gas engines can be finicky and there's some hassle to mixing the gas and oil and generally maintaining the engine. However, it certainly is less cumbersome without an electric cord. I stripped it down, of course, and removed the wheel. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment