Thursday, November 10, 2016

Georgia Tech Preview Day

 
On Monday Helen and I took the day off to attend Georgia Tech Preview Day with Derek

I graduated from Tech in 1988 and I don't have very fond memories. My take has always been, "they take pride in treating you bad and then you have to turn around and pay them for the pleasure". I haven't really been back much over the years, other than a few football games.

After attending the Preview Day, we all feel much better about Tech. The campus is beautiful with lots of state of the art facilities and many more trees than when I was there. Now they tout a 97% freshman retention rate. When I was there they took pride in the low freshman retention rate. They have so many programs, resources, and opportunities available. It was overwhelming and refreshing. It truly is a world class engineering and research university and it's right in our back yard. We all feel much better about Tech after attending the Preview Day. 
 
 


























Our very bubbly tour guide





















Bobby Dodd



No comments:

Post a Comment