Monday, February 17, 2014

It Came! It Came!

We now officially have one family member with a smartphone. Derek's new phone was delayed a couple days by the snow, but it finally arrived on Friday and he was very excited.

We have been using Verizon prepaid plans. With Verizon prepaid, if you add $100 then the minutes last a year and any unused minutes roll over. For Helen and I we usually use about $50 a year. Derek's phone was due to be refilled and he still had $150 left. He was mainly using his tablet with Google Voice and WiFi to text his friends for free.

I told Derek that I might be willing to get him a smartphone now that some of the wireless companies were finally offering some reasonable plans. I pointed him to some research I had done and asked him to look into it some more. We finally settled on the $10 plan from Republic Wireless (MMM is a fan).


He's very happy


No comments:

Post a Comment