Thursday, September 29, 2011

Meet the Principal


Thursday September 8, 2011

I got to meet with Derek's principal recently. Derek was kicked by another student in the gym locker room. It seems this student is constantly picking on other kids and is generally a wasted sperm. Derek had been waiting in line for the water fountain and was next in line when this kid decided he wanted to drink and pushed Derek out of the way. Derek stood up to him and the kid took a swing and kicked Derek.

I emailed some photos to the principal and said I would be at school to press charges in the morning. I ended up meeting with the principal, a vice principal, and the gym teacher. They were reassuring and very responsive. They spent the day gathering information from other students and in the end agreed with everything we said. They assured me that the kid would be punished (but wouldn't tell me the specifics for privacy reasons - I call BS on that) and ended up moving the kid out of a couple classes so that Derek will not see the kid.

I told them that I know that the school tries to handle things internally and not report anything so the school doesn't look bad, but next time I was going to bring the police. I also told them that I couldn't care less about their International Baccalaureate smoke screen BS education program they are so proud of, but that I have zero tolerance for intimidation.

Everyone praised Derek for the way he restrained himself from escalating the situation. I told them that Derek always has the green light from me and, in fact, I encourage him to retaliate and I didn't care if he gets suspended, expelled, or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment