Friday, January 6, 2012

Shooting Range

A month or so ago I bought a Groupon for a shooting range visit and Derek has been on me ever since to go. We finally got around to going and he was so excited.

I think I've shot a real gun a couple times so I really don't know anything. The guy at the range was very nice and did a good job of making us feel comfortable.

The guy asked what kind of gun we wanted and I had no idea. He gave us a Glock 17 and explained what made it a nice gun to start with. There were several people shooting when we first walked into the range. One guy had a very loud automatic rifle (even through the ear protection) and the sensory overload was pretty overwhelming at first.






We had a lot of fun and started to get used to firing a real gun but it is scary. We couldn't even get ourselves to squeeze off a couple rounds back to back. But I'm sure, like anything, that you get used to it. Derek is already itching to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment