Sunday, March 16, 2014

Furlough Days

In an all too familiar sign of the times, my company furloughed everyone for a week so they could make their first quarter numbers (and executive bonuses I'm sure). Oh well, except for the not getting paid part, I really enjoyed it. The house was nice and quiet and I was able to get a lot of things done that probably would not have gotten done otherwise.

I did a bunch of organizing of the photos for this blog. I cleaned and organized things inside the house. And then I whacked all the landscaping, cleared out the beds, and laid down eight yards of mulch. I was thinking this is what retirement would be like, but I might already be too old for this kind of stuff. I know I'm too soft. Real work is hard. 

 
 




Derek returning from working on a neighbor's lawn

No comments:

Post a Comment