Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Alaska 2012: Day 4 of 22 (Ketchikan)






View Larger Map

First stop on the cruise is Ketchikan Alaska. It was nice picking up an extra hour for the Alaska Timezone.

All photos for this day

All photo albums


Looks rainy



Some other cruise ships in port









Things were a little hectic with the weather and everyone trying to find shuttles to their shore excursions. I booked our excursion direct and needed to call for our pickup location. Unfortunately my phone was not working. We later found out that Verizon doesn't allow outgoing calls from prepaid phones in Alaska. We could text and receive calls, but Verizon blocked outgoing calls.

When we got back to the ship I couldn't find my phone. I probably put it in my jacket pocket which doesn't have a zipper and it fell out. It was a personal failure not to bring my jacket with a zipper pocket. It was only a few days into our trip and I had no phone.


Lots of liquid sunshine in Ketchikan

Shuttle bus to shore excursion. My phone was probably falling out of my pocket as the picture was being taken.



Alaska Canopy Adventures to go ziplining























Adam was too small to make it all the way across on some of the lines, but he just flipped around and pulled himself in









Jumping off the last platform and rappelling straight down was more scary then the ziplines











We loved our guides and the whole zipline experience

Historic Creek Street contains a bunch of shops that used to brothels










Love all the totems



Walking off the beaten path to find Burger Queen restaurant






Helen has fond memories of beer battered halibut from our last trip to Alaska and Burger Queen did not disappoint




Made it back to the ship in time for afternoon tea













No comments:

Post a Comment