Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fall Activities

We had a nice break from scheduled activities during the summer, but now we're back in the swing of things. Roller hockey season is under way, along with basketball, and soon tennis. I help out with the boys hockey practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, play basketball on Wednesday, and hockey on Sunday.

I was playing keep away with Derek before Adam's practice on Thursday when our feet got tangled, my skates went out from under me, and I came down with all my weight on the lip where the glass meets the boards.

Evidently the impact was really loud and everyone turned to see that I had blood coming out of a gash on my forehead. I put pressure on it, skated off the rink, kind of got it to stop bleeding, put a band aid on it and ran the practice. The kids kept looking at the band aid during practice and pointing out that it looked like it was still bleeding.

There was another dad helping with the practice and he was being really attentive to my injury. I finally asked him if he was a doctor. He said that he was a pediatric oncologist and that I probably did need stitches...but no chemo. 


I went to the doctor the next morning and got some stitches


No comments:

Post a Comment