Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hawaii (Day 10 of 19): Maui - Kahekili Beach Snorkeling, Old Lahaina Luau


Snorkeling at Kahekili Beach

Helen and I got up early to snorkel at the beach across the street from our condo. The boys passed on the early start.

Album for these photos

All photo albums
 











Sheraton Maui on the left end of the beach











Eventually Adam and Derek decided to join us



I put our camera through a lot and don't want to have to baby it at all. Sometimes it costs me like when little particles get into the camera and onto the sensor. I take the camera apart and clean the sensor when I notice, but it messes up some good pictures.








There used to be an airport at Kahekili Beach

Cooling off at the condo pool


Honu Seafood and Pizza for lunch




Nice location right on the waterfront









The food and service were really good, but you pay for it. Honu felt a little more low key than their prices suggested.




We stopped by the Safeway grocery store across the street from Honu for some fresh poke. I read some reviews that said the Safeway has really good poke and the reviews were right.

The night before I noticed a plum sized swollen area around my elbow. I don't know if something bit me or what. I ended up soaking it periodically in epsom salts. It would get a little better and Helen's concern would dissipate enough so I wasn't forced to see a doctor and then it would flare up again. We labeled it as bursitis and dealt with it throughout our trip. It's somewhat better but still hasn't gone completely away.




Old Lahaina Luau




Derek finding out that I chose a table without chairs for a more authentic experience







The luau warm up includes free flowing drinks, games, crafts, and exhibits

Everybody crowds around to see the pig that's been cooking all day










Nice music in the background

Food is served buffet style



Piled high like it's Thanksgiving












Dessert


Time for the show




What a beautiful venue













We really enjoyed ourselves. They do a great job. I can see why this is generally considered the best luau in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment